This web page starts here.
A FINE TUNE
Ordering a 100% Wool String Cover
Note: The manufacturer prefers that you order your 100% wool string cover through your local piano technician. However, if he does not offer them, or if you prefer not to order through him for some reason, feel free to order here.
To order a String Cover for your grand piano, you must know the make, model number, and size. If you have the bill of sale from the purchase, that will most likely tell you the information.
- The model can also usually be found on the gold-colored cast iron plate, near the tuning pins. To see it you will probably have to remove the music desk.
To remove the music desk, you may need to close the fallboard (key cover) first. The music desk may slide off to the front, or it may lift up. Some desks have to be slid forward or backward while lifting so a catch will pass through a slot. Some models may have a screw which must be removed before the music desk comes off.
Some makes of pianos will have the model number at the far end of the plate, toward the back end of the lower treble strings.
Model numbers are frequently a combination of letters and numbers, such as "C-3", "M-1", "KG-155", "50-C", etc. Some makes use only a single letter designation such as "S", or "M".
- The size is the length of the piano from the front of the keyboard to the farthest point at the back of the curve. The price of the string cover is based on this, so be sure to have this correct to avoid delays in your order. You need to know if it is 6'1" or less, from 6'2" to 8', from 8' to 8'11", or 9' or more.
- Next, check this list to make sure a pattern is available for your make and model. String covers are only available from these patterns at this time.
If the model number is not available, you will need to make a paper pattern for the string cover to be made from. Call Wally Scherer at 561-432-4121 if you need help with this.
- Once you know the make and model, you will need to decide what color of string cover you want. They are available in black, dark brown, medium brown, tan, burgundy, royal blue, light blue, and white. (The edge is serged using the same color thread as the cover material.)
- Decide if you want an embroidered border. If so, choose a thread color: red, blue, gold, white or black. Then chose one of two designs: Greek key or Feather. (See pictures)
- Once you have decided on these options, make sure you write them down on a piece of paper. You may order by mail or on line through the "Pay Now" button below. Please call Wally Scherer at 561-432-4121 if you have any questions before ordering. (Note: This is for retail sales only.)
- The price of the String Cover is $339 for a small grand piano up to and including 6'1". For pianos measuring 6'2" through 8', $389. For 8'1" to 8'11", $439. For 9' and longer, $489. Customers in Florida, add 6% sales tax.
- To order by mail, write down the piano make and model, and all the options you want. Write down your name, telephone number, and shipping address (street address for UPS delivery), and enclose a check for the proper amount in U.S. Dollars made payable to "A FINE TUNE". Shipping is free in the continental USA. Send the information and payment to A FINE TUNE, 5020 Canal Drive, Lake Worth, Florida, 33463-8014.
- To order directly using the web, click on the "Pay Now" button (below) and fill in the requested information. Under "description" type in all the string cover information, such as "String cover, color black, greek key design in gold thread, for Yamaha G1." When asked for your address, use a street address for UPS delivery. Please include YOUR PHONE NUMBER in case I need to call YOU about the order. Call me if you have any questions. 561-432-4121.
- Note: All string covers are custom made and usually ship within two weeks. Made in America.
Back to my "100% Wool String Cover" main page.
Back to my "A Fine Tune" home page.
Copyright 2008-2011 by Wallace T. Scherer
Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools
End of this web page.